GFA Consulting Group is an independent worldwide operating consulting company with its head office in Hamburg, Germany. We mainly provide international consultancy services within the framework of international development cooperation. We provide consulting services and run projects financed through bilateral and multilateral funds, be it through GIZ, KfW, the European Commission and others. Since 1982, we have been active in more than 130 countries and continuously expand the scope of our work, which currently includes ten strategic business areas.
In the Agriculture and Rural Development (ARD) Department, we focus on consultancy services related to the promotion of agricultural services, agricultural value chain development, irrigation, water resource management, soil and water conservation and the development of frameworks for sustainable rural development. More information on our specific service portfolio and activities in the area of Agriculture and Rural Development can be found on our website.
Join our team in the Agricultural and Rural Development Department as an open-minded and versatile Consultant (m/f/d) and contribute to our mission to provide quality services worldwide.
Based on the dynamic market development worldwide, but especially in Sub-Sahara Africa, the ARD consultant will be engaged in strategic business area development, networking and concept development. Major tasks will be technical and administrative management of ongoing projects and studies and acquisition of new projects.
We are looking for a communicative and energetic colleague, who will actively support the development of GFA in the wider field of irrigation management and water resources management, one of the core service portfolios of the ARD department. Duty station will be Hamburg, Germany, with frequent travel worldwide. Key responsibilities will include:
- Business development and project acquisition (including opportunity identification and the coordination and preparation of proposals);
- Establishment and maintenance of regular contacts and networking with clients, partner firms and sector experts;
- Support to the management of projects and studies, on-site and Hamburg-based;
- Conducting technical short-term consultancy missions including participation in feasibility and project preparatory studies;
- Elaboration of concepts, presentations and contribution to knowledge and quality management, including the contribution to GFA publications (journal articles, presentations) and represent GFA in conferences and seminars;
- Development of a distinct technical competence through training on the job, realization of short term missions and preparation of technical proposals as well as the representation of GFA in conferences and seminars;
- Support on-the-job-training of our Junior-Professionals.
- GFA offers a future-oriented work place in a multicultural team with a strong orientation on values and the joint aim to provide the best solutions for our clients and partners in the developing world. It is envisaged that the initial contract duration of 2 years leads to a permanent employment.
Qualifications and requirements
- University degree (Master) in Agricultural Economics / Agriculture Engineering / Environmental Engineering or related field;
- At least 3 years of relevant experience in the context of development cooperation related to Agriculture and Rural Development, ideally related to the field of irrigation management and/or water resources management;
- Familiarity with the German (GIZ, KfW) and European development cooperation sector (such as e.g. EuropeAid, EBRD, EIB) and a well-founded understanding of the strategies and programs of the relevant donor agencies would be an asset;
- Working experience in / with African countries and development cooperation are strong assets;
- Proven ability to work in intercultural teams and willingness to travel extensively abroad is a must;
- Fluency in English and French and good knowledge of German is obligatory;
- Strong skills in writing and presentation and advanced proficiency in standard MS Office applications;
- Other skills include client-oriented communication, curiosity, flexibility, pragmatism, improvisation skills, quality orientation, social competence, stress resistance and being a team player.
- A future-oriented work place in a multicultural environment with a strong focus on values and the joint aim to provide the best possible solutions for our clients and partners in the developing world;
- A responsible and team-oriented position with diversified tasks and a long-term perspective;
- Continuous skills development and further training;
- A comprehensive set of benefits, e.g. family-oriented company policy, fitness club discounts, public transport reimbursement program, flexible working hours;
- A companywide sustainability concept;
- Events for and with employees.
Please send your application (cover letter, CV and references/certificates) per e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
GFA Consulting Group GmbH
Tel.: (49) 40 603 06 – 121