The position is to be filled as soon as possible, with an initial contract duration of two years. There are very good prospects for an extension. Employment location will be Zwedru, Liberia.
As Head of Project you will be managing a complex multisectoral (infrastructure, WASH, Agriculture, Women Rights) intervention working with two international partner organizations and various local organizations. Therefore a diplomatic way of managing the various partners and stakeholders will be required.
- Carrying out the project according to the rules and standards of the co-financing donors (KfW) and Welthungerhilfe
- Developing key project documents, e.g. operation plan, M&E plan, quarterly reports to donors
- Ensuring that all project relevant support is in place (monitoring, logistics, finance administration, etc.)
- Being responsible for modifying and continuing project planning and the project budget
- Supporting the identification of co-financing opportunities to be pursued and ensuring the timely development of successful project proposals in line with the relevant donor regulations and strategies
- Establishing good working relationships with donors and other stakeholders
- Coordinating own staff as well as local partners and supporting them in report preparation
- Representing the project in sector meetings and other forums
- Implementing an information and communication policy for the project
- Preparing project visits by different stakeholders
- A relevant university / polytechnic degree in a relevant field
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant professional experience in project management of complex and large scale projects
- Experience with project management of different sectors (WASH, construction, agriculture)
- KfW Donor experience is an advantage
- Very good planning and pre-positioning skills
- Excellent communication and writing skills in English
We offer you the opportunity to work in a responsible and interesting field as part of an extremely dedicated team. Welthungerhilfe attaches great importance to the personal and professional development of its employees and the balance of their work and private life. This includes flexible working hours as well as working from home. Remuneration is based on our gender-independent salary scale. In addition, Welthungerhilfe offers numerous other benefits, which are listed under “Our benefits”.
Please send your application via our online recruiting system by November 24, 2019 by following this link. Your contact person is Nawid Ketabi.
*We welcome applications from all people, regardless of gender, confession, or origin. In case of equal qualification, people with disabilities will be given preferential consideration.