The position is to be filled as soon as possible, with an initial contract duration of one year. There are very good prospects for an extension. Employment location will be Anbar, Iraq.
The project will be implemented together with a local partner organisation and will target 1,000 households consisting of host communities, returnees, internally displaced people, women, people with disabilities and youth affected by the conflict are particularly targeted in Ramadi and Falluja districts of Anbar governorate. The project aims to improve the economic situation of small-scale farmers and other people involved in agricultural value chains in the selected governorate of Anbar and consequently revitalising the local economy.
- Daily project implementation, reporting and budget planning
- Provide technical support to project’s activities in the Livelihood and agricultural value chain sector
- Plan, manage and monitor the project activities and budget in line with project’s documents, Donor’s rules and sectorial guidelines in close cooperation with the donor and Welthungerhilfe
- Selection, training and skills development of the project’s staff
- Liaising with local stakeholders and authorities, working groups, as well as with the donor
- Prepare and implement a preparedness plan for disasters and potential crises
- Establish and adhere to the projects’ security management system
- A university or polytechnic degree in agronomy, development, or humanitarian work or a comparable specialised qualification suitable to the position
- Ideally 5 years of project and leadership experience in the Middle East or other crisis regions
- Coordination and organisational skills, including ability to work under pressure
- Willingness and ability to travel frequently to project sites, field locations and stakeholder meetings, including areas with volatile conditions
- Excellent communication skills and intercultural sensibility in a multinational environment
- A “can do” mentality and a good sense of humor, paired with a high level of mental and physical resilience
- A very good level of written and spoken English, good knowledge of Arabic, Kurdish, or German is desirable
We offer you the opportunity to work in a responsible and interesting field as part of an extremely dedicated team. Welthungerhilfe attaches great importance to the personal and professional development of its employees and the balance of their work and private life. This includes flexible working hours as well as working from home. Remuneration is based on our gender-independent salary scale. In addition, Welthungerhilfe offers numerous other benefits, which are listed under “Our benefits”.
Please send your application via our online recruiting system by November 24, 2019 by following this link. Your contact person is Barbara Kürsten.
*We welcome applications from all people, regardless of gender, confession, or origin. In case of equal qualification, people with disabilities will be given preferential consideration.