The International Water Management Institute (IWMI) seeks the services of a Field Research Coordinator to work on the research project “Empowering and enhancing drought management systems in the Middle East North Africa (MENAdrought)” on a part-time basis.
The International Water Management Institute (IWMI), in partnership with the National Drought Mitigation Center (NDMC) and Daugherty Water for Food Global Institute (DWFI) at the University of Nebraska will work with other international and regional partner organizations to implement the Project.
- deliver enhanced drought monitoring/early warning and seasonal forecasting
- drought impact and vulnerability mapping and economic assessment of costs
- drought preparedness planning and resilience building
The project centers on facilitating technology and policy planning solutions for the countries to build self-reliance and capabilities in dealing with the impacts droughts of droughts. These events cannot be stopped, but the impacts they have on communities, the economy and environment can be better managed so reducing the costs on a nation. Beyond the direct benefits of better drought management, the project aims to support the development of enhance resilience in water and agricultural systems so that the impacts vulnerable and marginalized communities are better able to absorb the effects, reducing suffering, loss of livelihoods and supporting a quicker return to more normal conditions.
Objective of the Assignment
- To support the coordination, facilitation and implementation of the MENAdrought project in Morocco working with key focal points and agencies, including the organization of workshops.
- To support field data and information collection on the environmental, social and economic impacts of droughts in Morocco.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate proposed activities with key focal points in Morocco for the MENAdrought project
- Facilitate ongoing discussions on project progress and support the planning of future activities with focal points
- Support MENA drought workshops organization and contribute to the facilitation and reporting
- Facilitate and support contact with focal points and representatives of field institutions and other relevant centres for data and information collection for the MENAdrought project
Duration of the assignment: 20 days up to 30 March 2020
Your application must include a copy of your curriculum vitae, and contact information of three professional referees.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.