The position is to be filled as soon as possible, with an initial contract duration of one year. There are good prospects for an extension. Employment location will be Bentiu or Torit, South Sudan.
Welthungerhilfe’s Programme in South Sudan is focusing on the geographical areas of Northern Bahr el Ghazal, Unity and Equatorias and aims at improving the food and nutrition security of the vulnerable population, mainly smallholder farmers as well as internally displaced people. The project focuses on helping these target groups rebuild their livelihoods and strengthen their resilience. As Expert Agriculture you will support the Head of Project in all stages of the implementation and quality assurance of the project.
- Support the Head of Project in drafting project workplans and advise on all technical matters related to livelihoods
- Lead field teams and supervise their implementation activities at field level
- Coordinate field teams to carry out beneficiaries’ trainings and monitor/document the trainings and follow up actions
- Take over responsibility for all technical aspects of the implementation and ensure adherence to quality standards
- Prepare weekly activity plans in collaboration with other departments
- Ensure due diligence in the use of finances, materials and other project utilities
- Support the preparation of weekly/monthly reports
- Ensure excellent relations with stakeholders and collaborators
- Represent WHH in meetings as instructed by the Head of Project
- A university or polytechnic degree in agricultural sciences, rural development, geography or a comparable specialised qualification suitable to the position
- A minimum of 5 years of professional experience working with INGOs in the field of agriculture, livelihoods or nutrition in a transitional/development context
- Proven experience in the implementation of transitional projects
- Dynamic individual with demonstrated ability to achieve results in a demanding and fast paced environment
- Excellent coordination and organizational skills, including ability to work under pressure
- Monitoring and evaluation skills
- Co-operation and team skills
- A high level of mental and physical resilience and readiness to travel to areas with volatile local conditions
- Excellent spoken and written English
We offer you the opportunity to work in a responsible and interesting field as part of an extremely dedicated team. Welthungerhilfe attaches great importance to the personal and professional development of its employees and the balance of their work and private life. This includes flexible working hours as well as working from home. Remuneration is based on our gender-independent salary scale.