CARE Deutschland e.V. is currently recruiting a
Iraq – Sinjar, with travels to other locations inside Iraq
Length of Contract:
One year with possible extension
Reporting Lines/Line Management:
Reports to the Head of Programme
CARE Iraq with support of local partners, is providing humanitarian assistance to vulnerable populations affected by the conflict in Iraq that ended in 2017. CARE Iraq programmes target conflict affected populations living in IDP camps in Duhok and accessible areas in Ninawa and Anbar Governorates. The core sectors of CARE’s work include the restoration of Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) services, a comprehensive package of Sexual Reproductive and Maternal Health (SRMH) and Livelihood interventions which seek to increase sustainable social economic resilience of vulnerable populations. CARE programmes mainstream protection and gender in all diversities, with a focus on specific needs of women and girls.
The role of the Livelihood Coordinator is to ensure effective planning; implementation and overall management of the Department of Home Affairs – Australia (DHA) supported Livelihood project integrating vocational trainings, small businesses, apprentices, cash for work, village saving loan associations and agricultural interventions in Sinjar District, Ninewa Governorate, Iraq. The position will oversee a team of 10 local staff, provide technical, administrative and management support to the Livelihood project on implementation methodologies, prudent budget monitoring, ensure mainstreaming of protection, disability inclusion and gender throughout the project cycle.
The position will uphold CARE’s Core Values namely; Respect, Integrity, Commitment, and Excellence, promote our mission and vision, programme principles (transparency, gender equality and diversity), to enhance programme impact.
Key Internal Contacts
CARE Iraq Program Team and Program Support Team.
Key External Contacts
Local authorities (Ministry of Labor and Social Affairs, Directorate of Agriculture, Directorate of Education, etc.) other local and international agencies, local communities.
Responsibilities and Tasks
I. Project Implementation (20%)
- Lead the implementation and monitoring of all activities at field level, according to the plan of action
- Facilitate project inception activities; stakeholder and community awareness, kick-off with support from CARE staff as appropriate.
- Provide clarity on the Log frame, their specific interventions, deliverables in terms of beneficiary targets, activity outputs, outcomes, expected results.
- Contribute to timely and accurate reporting, including monthly updates on project activities, and other reporting as required
- Ensure smooth implementation of and adherence to logistic, human resource, administration and security procedures as guided by CARE relevant support staff from CARE main office.
- Notify the HOP of any potential risks that may impede the timely realization of project objectives or negatively affect the budget (entails prudent budget tracking).
II. Management, Supervision and Capacity Building (20%)
- Supervise performance of the Project Team, providing the support needed to assess and improve their performance and troubleshoot problems
- Facilitate identification of field staff capacity needs specific to project interventions
- Provide assigned staff with the necessary support and cooperation in the discharge of their duties including sharing relevant information.
- Oversee development, dissemination and induction on cluster sectoral SOPs, systems, approaches and tools
III. Coordination and Networking (20%)
- Effectively represent CARE at the local / regional level.
- Establish MOUs with relevant state structures to institutionalize collaborative planning, implementation and joint implementation with relevant state technical and administrative actors.
IV. Knowledge Management, Learning and Communication and Advocacy (10%)
- Facilitate reflective sessions in collaboration with the programme quality team, generate lessons and best practices, document and disseminate to spread knew knowledge.
- Promote a culture of innovation by sharing experiences, best practices and M&E information among colleagues.
- Generate evidence to support advocacy initiatives and communication material for promotional purposes including short video’s human-interest stories, etc.
V. Accountability (10%)
- Guide the team in the application of transparent practices around beneficiary selection and resource allocations
- Oversee robust independent monitoring systems to ensure project’s accountability
- Conduct spot checks to ascertain project overall compliance with CHS and HAF
VI. Programme Quality including MEAL (10%)
- Coordinate development of a comprehensive project specific MEAL Plan with support from the programme quality team
- Oversee effective design and execution of project evaluative studies including rapid needs, baselines, mid and end line surveys
VII. Programme Development Support (5%)
- Contribute to the realization of CARE Iraq’s CO programme strategy.
- Develop and update Livelihood sector strategy.
- Provide analytical data for strategic purposes, new programme development and contribute by writing technical sections of new concept notes and proposal narratives and corresponding budgets.
VIII. Other work assigned by the supervisor and senior Management (5%)
Qualification, Technical Skills or Knowledge & Experience
- University Degree in Economics, Agribusiness, Business Management, Environmental Science, Social Sciences or other related field with related trainings/courses.
- Minimum 3 years project cycle management experience in the humanitarian work preferably in the field.
- Proven experience in management, supervision, leadership, networking
- Proficient in oral and written English. Kurdish and Arabic skills advantage.
- Sound teamwork skills, excellent communication, coordination and interpersonal skills with good negotiation skills.
- Familiarity with various MEAL systems and sustainable rural development concepts.
- Demonstrated capacity to lead strong teams to achieve a common goal.
- Proficiency in MS Office application particularly Excel, word processing, and database packages.
- Ability to work under pressure, independently under limited supervision and in a team environment
- Able to prioritize work, multi-task and meet deadlines;
- Preparedness to work off-time;
- Preparedness to travel in the country and abroad
Child Safeguarding: CARE International in Iraq is committed to protecting the rights of children. We reserve the right to conduct police/ reference checks and other screening procedures to ensure a child-safe environment.
Preventing Sexual Harassment, Exploitation, and Abuse: CARE International in Iraq staff are committed to each other and to the protection of the people we serve. We do not tolerate sexual misconduct within our organization or external to our organization. Protection from sexual harassment, exploitation, and abuse are fundamental to CARE International Iraq’s relationships, including employment, and our recruitment practices are designed to ensure we recruit people who are committed to our work and the people we serve. We will use the recruitment and reference process to ensure all potential staff understand and are aligned with these expectations. To find out more, please contact the Human Resources Officer or read the CI PSEA and CP Policy.
Gender equality: CARE International in Iraq is committed to meeting the standards of the CARE International Gender Policy (2009). Through this policy, CARE seeks to promote the equal realization of dignity and human rights for girls, women, boys and men, and the elimination of poverty and injustice. Specifically, this policy it seeks to improve the explicit incorporation of gender in programmatic and organizational practices.
How to Apply
Please send your complete application package (CV, motivation letter, references) only in English to Ms. Judith Berger at email@example.com, no later than July 28th, 2019. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Women candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.