Doing the right thing. We are active in Switzerland and 20 countries on four continents. Join us with a commitment to help us bring about a more caring society, as
Programme Coordinator – Lowland COMPASS
(Consortium On Multisectoral Programmatic Approaches to Secure Self-reliance)
The Programme Coordinator is the representative of Caritas Switzerland for the Lowland Compass Programme. The Programme Coordinator acts as Programme Manager and with this the overall lead of the programme . The incumbent is expected to lead the development of the full proposal to be submitted to the main con-funding organisation during a 15 months’ programme inception period. After the inception period the programme coordinator is expected to work as the programme lead.
The programme will be implemented by a consortium of four international organisations under the lead of Caritas Switzerland.. The other consortium partners are Vétérinaires Sans Frontières Suisse (VSF), Swiss Red Cross (SRC), Hilfswerk der Evangelischen Kirchen der Schweiz (HEKS/EPER), supported by technical/thematic partners (TSP) UNICEF and the Water Land Resource Centre (WLRC).
Principle Tasks as Programme Coordinator
- Responsible for the development of the full proposal of the Compass programme
- Responsible for the implementation of the inception phase (15 months) and later the full phase (48 months) in close collaboration with the consortium team members. Develop and apply appropriate project management tools, including management of finance, planning and Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEAL) tasks
- Responsible for the coordination of concrete sub-project and activity planning together with the other consortium members and TSPs
- Responsible for the set-up and implementation of a holistic MEAL system
- Responsible for the implementation of the resource mobilisation strategy
- Responsibility to support the communication, knowledge sharing and networking between the different programme sites, the consortium partners and relevant stakeholders including SDC in Ethiopia and Head Quarters in Switzerland, as well as relevant stakeholders at national and regional level
- Responsible for reporting to back-donors and the Government of Ethiopia
- Accompany local implementing partner organisations or government structures and invest in the improvement of their performance
- Provide thematic support to all projects involved in the programme
- Developing concepts and thematic strategies and articles for different audiences incl. contributing to the development of inputs for policies and strategies at local, national and international level
- Representing Caritas Switzerland regionally and at international for a
- HR: supervise and support team members (under direct supervision, remotely and indirectly through other implementing partners)
Principle Tasks as Programmatic Advisor
- Support the development of Caritas Switzerland’s new Country Programme (CP) for Ethiopia (2020-2024)
- Support Caritas Switzerland’s acquisition efforts, proposal development processes as well as revising reports and other project documents
- Support in contextualizing and improving the MEAL system of the CP
- Master’s degree in a relevant subject
- More than 10 years’ experience in international development cooperation, including at least 5 years in a senior project management or advisor position
- Exceptional networking, communication and team building skills
- At least three years’ experience working at international level. Working experience in the Horn of Africa Region particularly in Ethiopia is a plus
- Proven experience in programme and project management
- Thematic expertise: Disaster Risk Management (DRM), Food Security, Value Chain Development, and/or Participatory Integrated Watershed Management (PIWM)
- Experience with public-private partnerships
- Extensive experience working with government and private actors, especially in the field of sustainable water management and/or food security/value chains
Your place of work will be Addis Ababa, Ethiopia – with frequent travels within Ethiopia (Oromia and Somali Region) if the security situation allows
Starting date: 01.09.2019 or as agreed upon.
Work Quota: 100 % (ca. 70 % as Programme Coordination, ca. 30 % Country Programme Support to the Caritas Switzerland Programme Unit)
Contract is limited to the duration of the programme: Inception Phase (15 months, August 2019 – October 2020), 1st Phase (4 years 2020, – 2024)
Caritas offers attractive working conditions and an open working atmosphere in an international field of activities.
For further information please contact: Ms Noemi Grossen, Programme Director Ethiopia, phone +41 41 419 23 27.
Thank you for your interest. We look forward to receiving your job application by 20.07.2019 latest through our web portal. Apply here