The position is to be filled as soon as possible, with an initial contract duration until March 31, 2020. The place of work will be Pathein, Myanmar (MM). Taking the security situation into account, travel for work will be required.
As Head of Project you will be responsible for the implementation and coordination of the project, in accordance with the content, financial and time constraints of Welthungerhilfe. The Project supports the development of the rice seed sector in the Ayeyarwady Delta Region by aiming to improve existing quality assurance systems and multi-stakeholder engagement supporting farmers and agricultural businesses. The project includes a strong follow up component for implemented activities focusing on monitoring and providing essential services that enhance the qualitative aspects of the results.
- Overall responsibility for the implementation of project activities as well as for finance, logistics, monitoring, administration and reporting in accordance with Welthungerhilfe and donor regulations
- Oversee the coordination and harmonization of the project activities between all partners (Centre for Development Innovation Wageningen, Regional Department of Agriculture, Private Sector and Myanmar Rice Federation)
- Represent the project to government stakeholders and donors on all levels
- Represent WHH in-country vis à vis relevant national and international stakeholders and partners in coordination with the Country Office
- Maintain good relationship with the Regional Department of Agriculture (DOA) on provincial and, if necessary federal level, with regard to project activities
- Manage staff according to WHH leadership principles, staff policies and WHH strategy
- Expand the WHH network with relevant stakeholders from civil society, government, academia and the private sector within the context of the project and project area
- Ensure sufficient coordination between the different project components
- Prepare and accompany studies, reviews and evaluations
- A university or technical degree in a relevant field like agricultural science, tropical agriculture, nutritional science or similar qualification covering experience in managing value chain projects
- 2 to 5 years professional experience working in the global south
- Several years of project and management experience in the planning and supervision of aid measures of international (aid) organisations, preferably in the region
- Solid professional experience within a humanitarian context
- Experience in public private sector partnerships and early generation seed systems would be an advantage
- Very good analytical skills for evaluating humanitarian and security-related situations
- Human resource management skills required with a focus on team building
- Coordination and organisational skills, including ability to work under pressure
- A high level of mental and physical resilience and readiness to travel to areas with volatile local conditions
- A very good command of spoken and written English
We offer you cooperation in a highly dedicated team and a responsible scope of tasks. The performance oriented remuneration is based on an in-house salary scheme. Of course, a comprehensive training is also part of our offer. Disabled persons will be considered preferentially in the event of equal qualification.