The position is to be filled as soon as possible, with an initial contract duration of one year. There are good prospects for an extension. The place of work will be Bangui, Central African Republic. Taking the security situation into account, travel for work will be required.
As Head of Project you will be managing a BMZ funded project focused on vocational trianings for young people. Through this project you will reduce crime and migration among young people by creating new perspectives for them and improving their level of education and training. Consequently, you will enable the beneficiaries of this project to earn a living for themselves and their families.
- Carrying out the project according to the rules and standards of the donors and Welthungerhilfe
- Preparing key project documents, e.g. operation plan, M&E plan, quarterly internal report and reports to donors
- Managing the project team and all activities related to the project
- Developing standardized curricula for the agricultural vocational training for unemployed youth and internally displaced persons
- Implementing appropriate teaching and learning strategies, guidance mechanisms and lesson/work plans to communicate subject matter to students
- Ensuring that all relevant infrastructure is in place through close coordination with infrastructure advisor
- Establishing good working relationships with donors, ministries & communities and other stakeholders
- A relevant university / polytechnic degree in the field of Agriculture
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant professional experience in project management of complex projects of different sectors (Education and agriculture)
- Experience in training Community Based Vocational skills and agricultural teaching
- BMZ Donor experience is an advantage,
- Excellent communication and writing skills in German and French
- Hands on mentality
We offer you co-operation in a highly dedicated team and a responsible scope of tasks. Of course, a comprehensive training is also part of our offer. The job description can be sent to you in case of interest.