Based in Hamburg, Germany, GFA Consulting Group is one of the leading European consulting firms active in the development cooperation sector. Our core business is providing consulting services as well as managing projects financed through bilateral and multilateral funds. Since 1982, GFA has been active in more than 130 countries and has continuously expanded the scope of its work which currently includes eleven strategic business areas.
Currently, GFA is preparing for an upcoming project by KfW in Uganda Drought Resilience and Infrastructure, Karamoja Sub-Region.
Drought resilience in the Karamoja region is a cooperation project jointly implemented by teh Office of the Ugandan Prime Minister (OPM) and the German Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) to strengthen and improve the production base and drought resilience of settled and nomadic livestock farmers. This is to be achieved by investing in water storage infrastructure and its proper operation and maintenance, improving livestock services and sustainable water catchment area management.
The following measures, among others, are foreseen: Construction of two to three earth dams as strategic water reserves for the dry season; investments in animal health and related services, livestock markets, improved pasture management and technical training; investments in operation and maintenance such as roads to dams and farm and residential buildings close to water reservoirs, awareness raising and training, equipment including vehicles.
The target group is the indigenous agro-pastoral and pastoral population that lives and works in the Karamoja sub-region, including migrating nomads from Kenya and Southern Sudan. The target group consists to a large extent of young people and women.
- General management and oversight of program results and measures in accordance with the approved log frame and operational plan
- Project management, including management of teams of national and international long- term and short-term experts Support the Program Execution Agency (PEA and the program Implementation Agencies (PIA in programme implementation including financial management, procurement, operational planning, preparation of TORs for surveys and short term missions, supervision of services, fund management
- Coordinate with and prepare project reports for the client (OPM) and KfW
- Participatory planning of project measures (for example constructions aiming at soil stabilization, water retention, water collection, irrigation and drainage, feeder roads, storage constructions)
- Elaboration of tender documents, supervision of tender process for constructions
- Supervision and quality control during construction and hand-over
- Elaboration and institutionalization of use- and O&M concepts
- Investment funds management and reporting according to KfW standards
- Master’s Degree in civil engineering or agricultural engineering, rural development, agricultural economics , water resource management of similar;
- Minimum of 8 years of professional experience in the fields of adaptation and mitigation to climate change, crop production and livestock, small scale infrastructure construction S&W conservation, rural infrastructure, droughts resilience
- Professional experience in development cooperation adn donor funded projects
- Experience in project management / Team Leader, preferably in similar comprehensive long-term projects
- Experience in funds management, previous experience in KfW funded project is an advantage
Please send your application to Regine Reuter, firstname.lastname@example.org
GFA Consulting Group
Phone: +49 (0) 40 60 30 6-121