The position is to be filled as soon as possible, with an initial contract duration of two years. Employment location will be Pyongyang, Democratic People’s Republic of Korea.
In July 2019 Welthungerhilfe will start implementing a potato project based on food aid and – security for most vulnerable rural population in the provinces of North- and South Pyongan, DPR Korea. Funded by the German Federal Office, the project will focus on climate-change resilient production, seed selection and soil improvement. As Head of Project you will be responsible for the management and implementation of the project to strengthen the resilience of vulnerable groups/individuals and improve the food and nutritional security of the North Korean people.
- Technical and conceptual implementation of the project
- Close cooperation with professional authorities at national and local level
- Conceptual further development of the project
- Regular reporting to the Country Office and Head Office
- Ensuring proper financial and resource planning
- Responsibility for national and deployed project staff, in particular for compliance with local security regulations
- Relevant university/polytechnic degree in the field of agricultural sciences, rural development, nutritional science, geography or a comparable qualification
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant professional experience in project management
- Technical knowledge and experiences in climate smart cropping systems, soil management, potato production and – propagation and modern scientific farm management
- Experiences in nutrition-relevant approaches and techniques will be an asset
- High level of diplomatic sensitivity, good listener, patience, understanding of the North Korean context
- Ability to work solution oriented in a stressful or conflict-ridden situation and cope with a high level of external pressure and control
- Very good command of spoken and written English and German
We offer you co-operation in a highly dedicated team and a responsible scope of tasks. Furthermore, we facilitate a flexible organisation of working time as well as a healthy work-life balance. The performance oriented remuneration is based on an in-house salary scheme. Of course, a comprehensive training is also part of our offer. Disabled persons will be considered preferentially in the event of equal qualification.