The Research Institute of Organic Agriculture FiBL is one of the world’s leading research and infor-mation centres for organic agriculture. For strengthening our agro-forestry team in Frick we are seeking by 1st August 2019 or by agreement a
Junior Researcher (60 – 80%)
who is interested in engaging in projects promoting and further developing agro-forestry systems with a focus on cocoa and oil palm. The person would be involved in our current long-term experiments in Bolivia and other upcoming projects in the field of research and capacity building.
The tasks include research and potentially practical advice and capacity building in agroforestry sys-tems. Frequent travelling is required.
Ideally you have the following profile
- A university education (or similar) in agronomy or related fields;
- Initial experience in research and ideally also practical work related to agroforestry systems in the tropics;
- Skills in and enjoyment of intercultural communication and international cooperation;
- Oral and written fluency in English and Spanish; knowledge of further languages such as French and German are an advantage;
- Ability to work independently with a significant level of personal responsibility.
We are offering
- An open-end employment based in Switzerland;
- An inspiring working environment and an exciting opportunity for career development;
- An opportunity to work with a world class team of experts in the field of organic agriculture;
- Attractive contractual terms and remuneration.
Interested? We are happy to answer any queries you may have.
Please submit your electronic application (motivation letter, CV, certificates, references) until 26th May 2019 to david.bautze(at)fibl.org.