In-house opportunity at ADT Project Consulting GmbH in Bonn / Germany
ADT Project Consulting GmbH is an innovative and reliable German consulting firm that focuses on technical assistance and international projects in the areas of livestock, agriculture, veterinary & food safety, agribusiness and rural development. Since 1995 we have been working for governments, development agencies, public institutions as well as for enterprises and organisations of agriculture and the food industry in more than 60 countries (see www.adtproject.de). Main clients are the German Ministry of Food and Agriculture (BMEL), EU EuropeAid and other EU programmes, GIZ, FAO, USAID, WB and other public donors as well as private organisations/companies.
We are currently looking for an open-minded and motivated Project Manager in Agricultural Sector (m/f) to join our team from 1st July 2019 at our head office in Bonn/Germany.
The Project Manager will be responsible for the management of ongoing projects and the acquisition of new projects in the working fields of the company. The duty station will be Bonn/Germany, with frequent travel to project partner countries. Key responsibilities will include:
- Management of project components or projects in Asia, Africa and other countries (backstopping), on-site and Bonn-based;
- Management of study tours to Germany and missions of international experts to partner countries;
- Support the acquisition of new projects, including elaboration of technical and financial proposals;
- Establishing and maintaining regular professional contacts and networking with clients, partners and sector experts;
- Conducting technical short-term consultancy and training missions, including participation in feasibility and project preparatory studies;
- Writing of reports, concepts and presentations as well as contributing to knowledge and quality management, including ADT publications and PR activities;
- Representation in conferences and seminars;
- Maintenance of virtual workspaces, project websites and content management systems;
- Support of further activities in the home office in Bonn/Germany towards achieving the company’s objectives.
Qualifications and requirements
- University degree (Master) in agriculture sciences or related fields;
- Experience and motivation in the context of development cooperation, preferably related to the international agriculture sector;
- Profound knowledge and professional experience on agricultural & food sector is an advantage;
- Working experience in donor funded projects in Asia and/or Africa is an advantage;
- Full proficiency in written and spoken German and English and professional working proficiency in French is prerequisite;
- Strong writing, communication and presentation skills;
- Advanced proficiency in standard MS Office applications and website management;
- Willingness to frequently travel abroad;
- Ability to manage complex situations with a sense of pragmatism.
Interested candidates (junior or senior consultants) should send their complete application (cover letter, CV, work references / certificates / salary expectation) by email until May 31st, 2019 to:
ADT Project Consulting GmbH
Adenauerallee 174, 53113 Bonn
Tel.: (+49) 228 91447 33