The position is to be filled as soon as possible, with an initial contract duration until October 31, 2020. There are good prospects for an extension. Taking the security situation into account, travel for work will be required. Employment location will be Bamako, Mali, while the actual project area is located in Bélédougou (Kouligoro Region) and Pays Dogon (Mopti Region),
The aim of the project is to protect the infrastructures built within the framework of hydro-agricultural development (AHA), water bodies and surfaces that can be exploited within the framework of PASSIP interventions. The Head of Project manages and implements a complex GIZ funded programme based on specified directives in terms of content, schedule and budget, holding the high financial responsibility. The project is carried out in accordance with Welthungerhilfe standards and the directives/provisions of the co-financer.
- Carrying out the programme according to the rules and standards of the GIZ/PASSIP and Welthungerhilfe standards for the implementation of projects
- Ensuring that all project relevant support is in place (monitoring – in particular remote monitoring, logistics, finance administration, etc.)
- Modifying and continuing the project planning and the project budget
- Security management of project staff in coordination with the Country Office and implementing partners
- Giving support to identify co-financing opportunities and ensures the timely development of successful project proposals in line with the relevant donor regulations and strategies
- Supporting the Country Office in the decision on co-financing opportunities to be pursued according to the principles of subsidiarity and the existing annual planning
- Establishing good working relationships with donors and other stakeholders in-country /regional for emergency, rehabilitation and development programmes in coordination with the Country Office
- Reporting to the Country Director on the progress of the programme/projects and all risks associated with the project work
- Indicating needs of support from Sector, Donor and Finance Coordination Units necessary to adhere to the relevant WHH and external standards
- A university degree in agronomy or structural/civil engineering
- 3 to 5 years post-graduate professional experience as Programme Manager for Development Projects with water and soil conservation
- An overall knowledge and understanding of a wide variety of labor intensive infrastructure construction
- Experience in cash for work projects and (remote) monitoring and evaluation systems
- Strong coordination skills with all stakeholders like implementing partners, government structures, ministries, German Embassy etc.
- Experience in work in conflict areas and security management
- A high level of mental and physical resilience and readiness to work in areas with volatile local conditions
- Strong people management and motivational skills
- Good communication skills, both written and oral in French and English (preferably also in German)
We offer you co-operation in a highly dedicated team and a responsible scope of tasks. Furthermore, we facilitate a flexible organisation of working time. The remuneration is based on an in-house salary scheme. Of course, a comprehensive training is also part of our offer.