Welthungerhilfe (www.welthungerhilfe.de) is one of the large and respected private organisations in the field of development cooperation and humanitarian aid in Germany. It carries out projects in 39 countries and campaigns for fairer cooperation with developing countries. If you are prepared to dedicate yourself to carrying out projects under sometimes difficult conditions and you match the requirements set out below, we look forward to receiving your application for the position of
The position is to be filled as soon as possible, with an initial contract of two years. The contract is based on a negotiable 50% to 75% basis and entails 112 to 168 assignment days per year accordingly. As a Roving Head of Project you are home-based but commit to deployment within 14 days to respond to an unforeseen assignment. During the deployment per diems and expenses are paid.
The Roving Head of Project contributes to the development, management, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of projects in order to maximise the Welthungerhilfe (WHH) impact on the basis of WHH Strategy, concept papers and according to WHH quality standards.
The Roving Head of Project is deployed to a country on short notice to provide flexible “hands-on” support to Country Offices for clearly defined assignments (TOR) in project related management and leadership tasks. They will contribute to maintain the functionality of the decentralized structures and assure high-quality implementation of projects.
- Project management as well as security, logistics, HR and finance management at project level
- Quality ensurance, compliance and M&E at project level
- Support in the elaboration and set up of complex projects including the recruitment of staff, preparation of the operational basis for project implementation, elaboration of base lines, inception reports, financial project planning etc.
- Finalization of complex projects including the elaboration of end reports, evaluationa nd learning, closure of project offices etc.
- Active collaboration with partner organizations in project implementation and planning processes
- A university or polytechnic degree in a relevant subject (development economics, political science, agriculture, geography etc.)
- Ideally 3-5 years of project management experience in relevant work environments as well as sound management and leadership skills
- Experience in remote management / monitoring would be an asset
- Coordination and organisational skills, including ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work in a multinational environment
- Excellent communication skills and intercultural sensibility
- A “can do” mentality and the ability to work independently, yet not detached
- A high level of mental and physical resilience and readiness to travel to areas with volatile local conditions
- A very good level of written and spoken English and preferably French as well
We offer you co-operation in a highly dedicated team and a responsible scope of tasks. Furthermore, we facilitate a flexible organisation of working time as well as a healthy work-life balance. The remuneration is based on an in-house salary scheme. Of course, a comprehensive training is also part of our offer.