WorldFish is hiring a Chief of Party to lead the Feed the Future Bangladesh Aquaculture and Nutrition Activity. As the Chief of Party, you will provides leadership in applying an Inclusive Market Systems approach to implementation of the Bangladesh Aquaculture and Nutrition Activity.
The Chief of Party will oversee the completion of all technical requirements, including Activity results and deliverables, in accordance with Activity work plans and manage the;
- Activity’s operational, financial, and administrative priorities;
- Direct the planning and budgeting processes;
- Apply management systems in line with standard operating procedures.
- Lead and manage the technical direction of the Activity to achieve excellence in partnerships, implementation quality and results.
- Oversees the implementation of the Activity and provides high quality technical and strategic leadership, managerial oversight and administration of the project.
- Serves as the primary Activity liaison and is accountable for achievement of results, ensuring quality of work is maintained at the highest standard, and all Activity objectives and deliverables are met.
- Vision, strategy and objectives articulated to team, partners and other key stakeholders and compliance with all protocols and procedures.
- Capacity of Activity staff built to meet demand for technical, market systems and managerial skills.
- Support the development of project documentation, report writing and learning association with implementation of the market systems approach, including peer-reviewed journal articles.
- Collaboration and partnership with other relevant Feed the Future Activities in Bangladesh.
- Represent Activity at market systems meetings, science meetings, and other relevant fora.
- Safeguard WorldFish’s reputation by ensuring that financial, contractual, technical and political integrity is maintained and strengthened.
Education, qualifications and experience
- Master Degree or equivalent in Economics, Agriculture, Aquaculture/Fisheries, Business Management, Marketing, Development Studies or related fields.
- At least 10 years working experience, knowledge and skills in private sector engagement and enterprise development.
- Demonstrated 3 – 5 years experience in applying and adopting inclusive market systems approaches will be an added advantage.
- 5 years supervisory skills in direct project management of large and complex donor-funded projects.
- Capability in activity planning, business promotion, implementation, monitoring and report writing.
- Experience in integrating gender, youth, environment, and nutrition sensitive approaches into development interventions.
- Strong team building and interpersonal communication skills.
- Fluent in English and knowledge in Bangla.
- Willing to travel to remote locations for field work with experience in South and South East Asia.
- Proficient in MS office, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook to support effective communication.
- Knowledge and experience of tropical aquaculture systems.
Salary and benefits
This is an Internationally Recruited Staff (IRS) position with annual salary circa USD 73,000 gross per annum. WorldFish’s IRS shall receive comprehensive benefits including (but not limited to) housing allowance*, relocation and repatriation assistance*, dependent education allowance*, home leave entitlement*, comprehensive insurance coverage for staff and eligible dependents, and pension/provident fund contribution.
Note: Items marked * are not applicable to staff recruited as Home Country Internationals (nationals of the country of posting). All benefits are subject to terms and conditions.
The position will be based in Dhaka, Bangladesh. The initial employment contract will be for a 3-year period, with possibility for renewal depending on performance of and the availability of funding. Interviews will be held via video conference and the successful candidate should be available to commence as soon as possible. Due to the high volume of applicants for WorldFish positions, we appreciate all interest, but only short-listed candidates will be notified.
WorldFish is committed to promoting a work environment where diversity of thought, style, culture and experience is valued. We support individual performance and potential in achieving our organizational goals and mission. We are an equal opportunities employer and strongly encourage women and nationals from developing countries to apply.
How to apply
Interested applicants are invited to submit the following information online latest by 10 March 2019:
- A cover letter including a 2-page (max) description of why you are an ideal candidate and what you would bring to the role;
- A current curriculum vitae;
- Names and contacts (telephone and e-mail addresses) of three professional referees who are familiar with your qualifications and work experience. Your nominated referees ideally should have persons from each of the following category: direct supervisor, internal peer and/or direct report.
Screening will start as soon as possible, and will continue until the position is filled. Only selected candidates will be contacted.