Deadline: 14 March 2019
The Cities Alliance Innovation Programme has launched a Call for Proposals to award small grants for community organisations working on innovative ways to improve tenure security, property and land rights in African cities at the local level.
The Secure Tenure in African Cities: Micro Funds for Community Innovation initiative will address the connection between the issue of land tenure, Africa’s growing young population, and its capacity to innovate and deploy modern technologies.
To address this niche, the Cities Alliance has prepared a special Call for its Innovation Fund. The aim of this Call is to provide opportunities for innovation and impact in community-level projects by targeting national and local organisations and constituencies typically regarded as high risk and/or hard to reach. Applications are sought from social entrepreneurs, micro enterprises, innovators, community-based organisations, national and local NGOs to stimulate the use of simple, affordable, accessible innovations designed to strengthen land and property rights.
- Funding is available for projects with a duration of up to 12 months.
- Available grant sizes per project range from US $10,000 to US $50,000.
- Scope: Proposed projects must meet the objectives of the chosen theme of promoting secure land tenure and property rights in cities.
- Target organisations: Organisations working at the city and community level, such as social entrepreneurs, microenterprises, innovators, community-based organisations, national and local NGOs. They do not fund the local offices or affiliates of international organisations.
- Fiduciary requirements: Organisations must be legally registered for at six months and must have (or should be able to open) a bank account in the name of the organisation.
- Geographic scope: Projects can take place in any African country.
- Language: Applications can be submitted in English, French or Portuguese.
- Applications: Applications must provide all the information and support documentation requested.
How to Apply
Applicants must fill the online application form via given website.
For more information, please visit https://www.citiesalliance.org/newsroom/news/business-opportunities/secure-tenure-african-cities