Deadline: 30 April 2019
Nominations are open for GCHERA World Agriculture Prizes 2019 with an aim to encourage the development of the mission of higher education institutions in education, research, innovation and outreach in the agricultural and life sciences by recognizing the distinguished contribution of an individual to this mission.
GCHERA has the mission to encourage mutual understanding and global co-operation among higher education associations and their constituent member institutions in supporting innovation, and to provide within the global context, leadership in education, research and outreach in the agricultural and life sciences.
It is an international award of the Global Confederation of Higher Education Associations for the Agricultural and Life Sciences (GCHERA).
The 2019 GCHERA World Agriculture Prize Award Ceremony will be held on 28 October 2019 in Nanjing Agricultural University, Nanjing, China.
The prize is generously sponsored by the Education Development Foundation of NJAU and Da Bei Nong Group, the prizes are awarded annually.
Two World Agriculture Prizes will be awarded in 2019 each to an individual academic/faculty member from higher education institution in recognition of the academic/faculty member’s life time achievements working in the disciplines relating to the agricultural and life sciences – including but not limited to agriculture, forestry, natural resources, food, bio based products, bioenergy, rural development and the environment.
- A nominee must be an academic/faculty member of a higher education institution.
- All submissions must include the date of the nomination and are eligible only for consideration in that year.
- Individuals who do not receive an award in a given year are eligible for re-nomination.
- However, a new nomination package must be submitted. Nomination files are not retained by the GCHERA World Agriculture Prize Secretariat for reconsideration in a following year.
- A World Agriculture Prize Laureate is not eligible for re-nomination.
How to Apply
Applicants can submit their applications via given website
For more information, please visit https://www.gchera-wap.org/index.php?tz=Asia/Kolkata